Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: North Pines Site 310- Suitable for both RV and tent(s)?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

North Pines Site 310- Suitable for both RV and tent(s)?
May 22, 2017 03:54PM
Hi! My family and I will be camping in North Pines in July at site 310. I was wondering if anyone knows what that site is like? We have both a 28 ft RV and would like to be able to have at least 1 tent, possibly 2, for our kids' friends to join us. Anyone know how that site is? Rocky? Suitable for 1 or 2 tents? Shady? Sunny? Crowded on the sides?
Any info on Site 310 is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
avatar Re: North Pines Site 310- Suitable for both RV and tent(s)?
May 22, 2017 03:56PM
May 25, 2017 03:46PM
Thank you!!!
May 22, 2017 05:56PM
As long as your RV can fit in the parking pad, yes, there's enough room for two additional tents in North Pines Site 310.

Leave No Trace
May 25, 2017 03:47PM
Great, thanks!
May 22, 2017 06:33PM
I've camped at the next campsite over (#312). The location is mostly shady, but with filtered sunlight hitting the ground. One can see Half Dome through the trees. Your site is bit crowded on one side, but it has depth. The ground is mostly dirt with pine needles. No rocks of significance. Note: according to Recreation.gov the maximum vehicle size for Site #310 is 27' and you stated you'll be bringing along a 28' RV, so your RV will be slightly oversized for the parking pad. (It PROBABLY should still fit, but there's no guarantee.)

Here's another photo of your North Pines campsite (#310):

Leave No Trace
May 22, 2017 09:07PM
And yet one more picture....Don't forget, only 2 motor vehicles per site (a trailer is not a motor vehicle) and 6 persons (you can probably get away with a couple more but don't do things to draw attention to your group). http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/North-Pines/photos/North-Pines-310
May 25, 2017 03:48PM
That's great, thank you!!!
June 24, 2017 08:56AM
Good morning. Thank you everyone for the pictures of site 310. I will be pulling this 28' trailer that Stephmatt speaks of in July and I was curious, does anyone have pictures of the accessibility of site 310 as far as the road and backing a trailer into this site? It's a 5th wheel and I'm curious about the ability to swing the truck around to back in. Also, I couldn't get much information from the staff on the phone about how they measure the 27'. Is that from the road to the parking bumper? If so, I would have plenty of room for the trailer to hang over. Thank you everyone for any info you have. Can't wait to get out there. smiling smiley
June 24, 2017 09:19AM
A fifth wheel should be more maneuverable than a regular tow vehicle, but I'll bet that the max trailer length for this site is 18'. We have a fifth wheel and have been able to get in spots for 12' trailers, yet, have had some difficulty getting into some of the 36' spots, due to the angle of the driveway, where the cement bumpers are, plus rocks, trees and culverts that line the road.

On our last trip, my bro-in-law couldn't get his 22' motorhome into his reserved site, due to the access (culvert, then narrow drive lined with trees.) Luckily, the reservation office released some flood prone sites and he changed campgrounds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login