Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

El Cap Fatalities

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

El Cap Fatalities
June 02, 2018 05:22PM
Condolences to the families...

https://goo.gl/dJEaQR

more here: https://goo.gl/ouAgTN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2018 06:16AM by troutwild.
Re: El Cap Fatalities
June 03, 2018 01:27AM
June 04, 2018 08:44AM
Has anyone more information what has happened? I stumbled across some unconfirmed info that possibly a third party (not climbing with the two casualties) was involved. I wonder what has happened.
June 04, 2018 09:26AM
i was there 3 days earlier watching climbers through my spotting scope for 4 hours, glad i missed the day this happened.

Gas prices at Crane Flat on May 30, 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 09:48AM by forrestranger.
June 04, 2018 10:00AM
Stunning El Cap photo!

As I'm from Europe I'm used to those gas prices. Cheapest price for a gallon of regular today in my neighborhood was US$5.65 and it was way over US$6 not too long ago (and I live near one of the largest cities around so lots of gas station competition (in theory)).
I always enjoy the low gas prices when I'm in the US. winking smiley
avatar Two Climbers Fall from El Capitan in Yosemite National Park
June 04, 2018 09:46AM
Incident occurred at 8:15 am Saturday, June 2, 2018. Two climbers fell while climbing the Freeblast Route on El Capitan inside Yosemite National Park this morning at approximately 8:15 am. Park Rangers received multiple 911 calls reporting the incident and Yosemite Park Rangers and Search and Rescue staff responded to El Capitan. The climbers did not survive the fall.

The identity of the deceased climbers will be released pending family notification. No photographs or video are available of the incident or the search and rescue operation. This investigation is ongoing and no further information will be released today.
avatar Yosemite National Park Identifies Climbers Who Fell from El Capitan
June 04, 2018 09:46AM
Yosemite National Park identifies the two climbers who fell from the Free Blast route on El Capitan as Jason Wells, age 46, of Boulder, Colorado and Tim Klien, age 42, from Palmdale, California. Yosemite National Park Rangers received multiple 911 calls at approximately 8:15 am reporting that two climbers had fallen. Yosemite Park Rangers and Search and Rescue staff responded to El Capitan. The two climbers did not survive the fall.

This investigation is ongoing and no further details are available at this time.
Re: Yosemite National Park Identifies Climbers Who Fell from El Capitan
June 04, 2018 09:54AM
Thanks, but those details were already known and in the above links. I'm keen to hear more about those unconfirmed third party rumors.
June 04, 2018 11:45AM
I found a bit more on Supertopo but it's all still a mystery. That post of Tim's wife... crying

Discussion on Supertopo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 11:46AM by Half Dome Hiker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login