Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: From the mouths of babes...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

From the mouths of babes...
October 16, 2018 09:41AM
This post is prompted by something our youngest son said this morning. He's been to Yosemite twice. The first time was in February 2016. We did a snowshoe hike at the Badger Pass ski area (it was still called that then), then after lunch on the deck of the ski lodge went to the valley and watched Horsetail Falls turn orange at sunset, before settling in for the night at Yosemite Lodge. The next day we went back to Badger and the kids took ski lessons for the first time. He also built snowpeople and had a snowball fight with his sister. Here's a picture of the young yeti on top the hill at Badger (no snowshoes for him, the ranger station didn't have any small enough):

His second visit was this August, when he, the missus and one daughter spent two nights at TM. (Our older son and I spent the first night at TM and the second night camped by Matthes Lake, TR to follow, hopefully). He proved adept at collecting firewood for warming himself up in the morning. Here's the whippersnapper on Mt. Watkins on day 1:

This past spring, when I told him we'd be going to Yosemite again, he said, "Is that the ski place?" This morning, out of the blue, he said to us, "When I think of Yosemite, it's like two different places, because one time it had snow and the other it didn't". I don't know what prompted that, but as a parent it was gratifying to hear that he already gets what I love about Yosemite - it's different every time, but its always beautiful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2018 09:42AM by Not quite The Geezer, but getting there.
October 16, 2018 09:58AM
So are those pictures.
avatar Re: From the mouths of babes...
October 16, 2018 11:38AM
Not quite The Geezer, but getting there
I don't know what prompted that, but as a parent it was gratifying to hear that he already gets what I love about Yosemite - it's different every time, but its always beautiful.

Bowing to his greatness

I'm that way with our grand-kids now. Love it!

Steve
October 16, 2018 12:37PM
Great pictures and so true - it is different every time but it is always beautiful and wonderful. My son's first trip to Yosemite was when he was 3 months old and he is now 22. He loves winter the best because he loves to ski and he learned to ski at Badger Pass. Lost track of how many times he has been there and he has experienced Yosemite every month of the year and each visit has been special. When you take kids there, it gives you a fresh perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2018 12:38PM by parklover.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login