Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite NPS gets back the trademarks from DNC.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite NPS gets back the trademarks from DNC.
July 15, 2019 11:11AM
The settlement involves the transfer of trademarks and service marks at issue in the lawsuit from Delaware North to Aramark. Under Aramark’s Yosemite concession contract with the National Park Service, those trademarks and service marks will transfer at no cost to the National Park Service upon the expiration or termination of Aramark’s contract.

https://www.nps.gov/orgs/1207/lawsuit-settled-between-national-park-service-dnc-parks-and-resorts-and-yosemite-hospitality-llc-over-trademarks-and-service-marks.htm?fbclid=IwAR34UgNPrxlKe5c4fcQH69L7GcyBWZraoWHPO0-rYQu6uZ8A32P4QRDCrXk
avatar Re: Yosemite NPS gets back the trademarks from DNC.
July 15, 2019 11:24AM
Smiling dogpile Hooray!
July 15, 2019 11:44AM
Son follows Badger Pass and just saw that alert. This is fantastic. Although I can say that I used to think that DNC went downhill the last years they had the concession but after these several years with Aramark, I wish DNC was back.
July 15, 2019 11:57AM
For $12M

The United States of America agreed to pay $3,840,000 while Yosemite Hospitality agreed to pay $8,160,000. (DNC initially valued the property at $100 million.) This also includes various types of tangible assets not previously purchased from DNC.
As of right now, the case in the Court of Federal Claims is still pending. The most recent filing in the case was on June 26. Presumably a joint motion to dismiss will be filed this week.

Interestingly, but not surprisingly, the NPS announcement of the settlement doesn't include a dollar amount. Guess we'll need of FOIA request to find out how much money DNC succeeded in extorting from taxpayers.

Ok, just saw NWHKR's post. Where'd you see the $12M figure?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2019 12:49PM by Not quite The Geezer, but getting there.
July 15, 2019 02:15PM
Not quite The Geezer, but getting there
As of right now, the case in the Court of Federal Claims is still pending. The most recent filing in the case was on June 26. Presumably a joint motion to dismiss will be filed this week.

Interestingly, but not surprisingly, the NPS announcement of the settlement doesn't include a dollar amount. Guess we'll need of FOIA request to find out how much money DNC succeeded in extorting from taxpayers.

Ok, just saw NWHKR's post. Where'd you see the $12M figure?

General figures were in this article. https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article232692337.html
July 15, 2019 01:18PM
It will be interesting to see if the Ahwahnee sign that disappeared has been safely stored all this time ...
July 15, 2019 01:23PM
Maybe the "Ahwahnee Hotel" sign on the stone column just past Ahwahnee meadow will mysteriously reappear (It mysteriously disappeared after DNC caused the changing of the name to Majestic Hotel).
July 15, 2019 03:52PM
July 15, 2019 07:07PM
Glad that nonsense is over with. I never even bothered using the temporary names they put in place, I just kept on calling it curry village etc.
July 16, 2019 01:14AM
marmot
Glad that nonsense is over with. I never even bothered using the temporary names they put in place, I just kept on calling it curry village etc.

I compromised: "Half Curry Village".
July 16, 2019 04:23PM
Finally!!
July 17, 2019 01:43AM
I'm glad that Yosemite got its trademarked names back so the Ahwahnee can officially be called again the Ahwahnee and Curry Village will once again be Curry Village.

But I think it would be sweet that instead of restoring the Badger Pass name to the historic ski area, that they rename that area in honor of the man that made Badger Pass such a special place, Nic Fiore.

I would love if they renamed the ski area Fiore Meadows or Fiore Pass.

smiling smiley

Leave No Trace
WASHINGTON - DNC Parks and Resorts at Yosemite, Inc. (Delaware North), the United States of America, and Yosemite Hospitality, LLC (Aramark) have settled the lawsuit filed by Delaware North related to Delaware North’s former concession contract at Yosemite with the National Park Service.

The settlement involves the transfer of trademarks and service marks at issue in the lawsuit from Delaware North to Aramark. Under Aramark’s Yosemite concession contract with the National Park Service, those trademarks and service marks will transfer at no cost to the National Park Service upon the expiration or termination of Aramark’s contract. The settlement also involves Delaware North’s transfer of various types of tangible assets (not previously purchased by Aramark) to Aramark and the National Park Service. Finally, the settlement provides for payments to Delaware North from Aramark and the United States to resolve any and all contractual disputes among the three parties arising from Delaware North’s departure as a concessioner at Yosemite, and Aramark’s assumption of its Yosemite concession contract.

The National Park Service looks forward to the restoration of some of the previous names of the properties at Yosemite, including the Ahwahnee hotel, and the resumed use of other trademarks in connection with concessioner activities at Yosemite. Any changes to the current names of properties at Yosemite National Park following this settlement will be based upon a schedule to be determined by Aramark and the National Park Service.
Looks like on August 6 DNC recorded the assignment (transfer of ownership) of 31 trademark registrations, including Wawona, The Ahwahnee, Badger Pass, Yosemite and Yosemite Lodge (some presumably for multiple classes of goods) to Yosemite Hospitality, which is owned by Aramark. http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignments/assignment-tm-6712-0886.pdf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login