Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Deposit refunds?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Deposit refunds?
May 18, 2020 07:43PM
Last September I booked 5 nights at White Wolf and paid the usual one-night deposit. Since White Wolf will not open this year, does anybody know when they'll issue refunds? I emailed the reservation line a couple of days ago but haven't gotten a response yet (I have no idea if anybody's even checking the email). I haven't bothered trying to call (going on the assumption that wait times would be horrendous but that's just a guess). My reservations aren't until mid-July...any suggestions on how long I should wait? (I'm not desperately in need of the refund or anything but I WOULD like it refunded at some point).
May 18, 2020 09:18PM
Have they officially announced that White Wolf will not open this year? I am pretty sure it will remain closed this year based on what I've read here and elsewhere, but have not heard any official announcement from Aramark. I just tried going to their website and was able to start making a reservation for White Wolf on an available date in late August. I'm thinking any refunds will not be processed until the decision to keep WW closed is announced.
May 19, 2020 06:28AM
Although I'd not received anything from Aramark, I thought I HAD read that the non-opening was official but I can't recall where I saw that now.
May 19, 2020 09:56PM
DavidK42
Although I'd not received anything from Aramark, I thought I HAD read that the non-opening was official but I can't recall where I saw that now.

Maybe this is what you read....

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Yosemite-concessions-to-stay-closed-for-2020-15265057.php
May 21, 2020 06:46AM
FWIW, it looks from my browser history like it was essentially the same article in the Sacramento Bee. Both articles say:

A memo drafted by union representatives of Yosemite workers and circulated by the employees said a number of concessions will limit operations or remain closed, according to the Fresno Bee.

The concessions include Yosemite Valley lodgings, restaurants, shops and a number of services.

The letter reportedly stated that horse stables, swimming pools, Housekeeping Camp, Crane Flat store, High Sierra Camps, White Wolf Lodge, Aramark’s mountaineering school and guide service, and Yosemite Valley tour services will remain closed for the year.

However, I heard back from Aramark and they claim

Lodging will be closed until May 29th, but that is subject to change. The itinerary you provided shows your reservation is still active, if you would like to cancel it please reply back letting us know or call us at 602-278-8888.

So they didn't exactly contradict the published article...just saying that they won't commit to anything yet. I guess I'll just wait another month and see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login