Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Made reservations at the Lodge today

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Made reservations at the Lodge today
June 19, 2020 05:34PM
I was pleasantly surprised today that I was able to make reservations at the Lodge for July. We have a week when the grand-kids are going to be visiting (1st time seeing them since Covid), and any two days in that week would have worked fine. Over the period of approx. 6 hours I refreshed the reservation link on my laptop browser and/or smartphone about every 10-15 minutes. I saw some activity going on each time, but not in my week. By activity I mean a day or two during the month would show as available (not my week), and then next time they would be gone and other dates would be open.

While out trimming shrubs in the front yard in 90 degree weather I stopped for a short break and refreshed my phone...and there they were, 3 days at the start of MY week. So I rushed into the house and was able to snag the two I wanted. I then did a Duo call with the kids and they are super psyched! We take them camping in Yosemite in our 5th wheel most years over Spring Break, but this will be the first time that they will actually see the Park in the summer and be able to swim in the river (it snowed on us last time we camped with them).

A side note re the Covid info that is provided: The confirmation email had several links to info, but one interesting tidbit was this: "Through guidance by Mariposa County's Public Health Officials, every hotel room must be vacant at least 24 hours to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are in the process of revising our reservations to accommodate this safety protocol. Unfortunately some guests will be impacted and those guests will receive a full refund." Hopefully they would not have let me book those two nights if there was a chance they would turn around and cancel (at least the 1st night) out from under me. Hmmm, maybe I should try to book the 3rd night (if it opens up again) as a 'fall back' just in case, and then cancel at the last minute if not needed. At $278 a night, 2 nights is enough ;-)

For those interesting in making lodging reservations in the park, here is the link: Reservation Link
Re: Made reservations at the Lodge today
June 23, 2020 08:57PM
They had actually changed my room-type because of this. Good thing I called to change the date and learned they had changed the room type (without any notification to me). Had to argue with them (the person on the phone was very nice), but still, had to work at getting my original room type back.

So pay attention and check on your room.
avatar Re: Made reservations at the Lodge today
June 23, 2020 10:20PM
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a call or two is in order ;-)
avatar Re: Made reservations at the Lodge today
June 24, 2020 09:37AM
I tried calling this morning and the wait time was 41 minutes, so I waited a while and called back. This time it was 53 minutes. So I waited another hour and it was 68 minutes. And this was to the menu option of 'Modify a current reservation'. I just went ahead and filled out the on-line form to modify a reservation. The auto-response says I should hear back in 3-5 business days...we'll see how that goes Pounding head on desk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login