Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Campground Reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Campground Reservations
July 15, 2020 03:06PM
I have reservations in upper pines in September Assuming its open, I have camp mates coming but the spots are in my name How do they enter the park? I am going to mail them copies of our spaces, for the 8 days we will be there. Do they just show those at the gate?
Re: Campground Reservations
July 15, 2020 10:19PM
They will probably need a copy of the reservation and a copy of your id. For wilderness permits, I have shared my DL with my DL # and DoB etc masked.
July 16, 2020 02:18AM
nwhkr
They will probably need a copy of the reservation and a copy of your id. For wilderness permits, I have shared my DL with my DL # and DoB etc masked.

Have you done this since the emplacement of coronavirus restrictions?

If the campsite has room for two vehicles, I find it hard to believe that NPS is going to let in three cars for that campsite, especially if they all enter separately at different times - wouldn't surprise me if the additional vehicles require a day use permit to enter the park. But I have not poked around the website to verify if that's the case.
July 16, 2020 07:05AM
Not quite The Geezer, but getting there
Have you done this since the emplacement of coronavirus restrictions?
Good point about the # of vehicle allowed for camping.
Yes, did it for wilderness permits a couple of times this season. MtnMan's post clarifies it too.
July 16, 2020 03:23AM
lonelugger
I have reservations in upper pines in September Assuming its open, I have camp mates coming but the spots are in my name How do they enter the park? I am going to mail them copies of our spaces, for the 8 days we will be there. Do they just show those at the gate?

What if my group is arriving in more than one vehicle?
A day-use reservation is required for each vehicle (or motorcycle) that enters the park. The person whose name is on the reservation must be in the vehicle with a valid photo ID.

Groups with lodging or camping reservations, wilderness permits, and Half Dome permits may arrive in more than one vehicle. An occupant in each vehicle must provide a copy or photo of the driver license belonging to the person who made the reservation (as well as a copy of the reservation) to be permitted to enter.

Thus if they have the above mentioned documents they don't need a day reservation/permit. I got the impression you have more than one site reserved?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2020 05:53PM by mtn man.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login