Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tulomune Meadows Winter Conditions Update for April 12, 2023

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 13, 2023 06:05AM
I don't recognize anything in the Tioga Pass entrance pic. Where's the entrance station?
April 13, 2023 07:20AM
Pretty sure the entrance station is just underneath that ski track. The small rock pile visible to the left of that appears to be the stone pillar next to the entrance station. It's looking in the opposite direction, but compare this picture:
April 13, 2023 07:28AM
Here's a better picture (looking in the same direction as the winter report photo). It's a bit hidden in the shadows but the thing sticking up in the shadows in the upper right of the picture appears to be the chimney on top of the restroom building:
April 14, 2023 04:10AM
thanks for the photos. Wow, just wow.
avatar Re: Tulomune Meadows Winter Conditions Update for April 12, 2023
April 19, 2023 12:07PM
I worked at the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge during the summers of '64 and '65 (18 and 19 years old). My wife and I spent part of our honeymoon ('69) at TML, and we had reservations to go back last summer but had to cancel since it never opened. Now we have reservations for June 28th (our 54 anniversary). Since it looks like it won't be open by then (if it opens at all) we have made contingency plans for staying at Tenaya Lodge, Wawona, and Yosemite Lodge instead.

Love the pics in this thread!

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login