Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (77% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Glacier Point road opening?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Glacier Point road opening?
May 23, 2023 05:08PM
Any info on when Glacier Point road might open.? I know Tioga road won’t open for quite a while but they usually try to get Glacier Point road open by Memorial Day weekends.
avatar Re: Glacier Point road opening?
May 23, 2023 06:46PM
Here's the lastest: Glacier Point Road will open no earlier than July, probably later, due to heavy snow and construction.
Re: Glacier Point road opening?
May 23, 2023 11:38PM
Eeek, I see that notice on the YNP website, but I thought GP was scheduled to be closed this summer b/c of construction.
May 24, 2023 06:17AM
Not quite The Geezer, but getting there
Eeek, I see that notice on the YNP website, but I thought GP was scheduled to be closed this summer b/c of construction.

I should clarify - I'd be happy to be wrong, and for GPR to open this summer - my youngest and I were supposed to do a backpacking trip from there two years ago but had to shave a week off our visit and there went the trip. If it looks like the road will be open to the public (i.e. no construction) by August, I'll try to reserve the same trip.
May 24, 2023 08:04AM
Not quite The Geezer, but getting there

Originally the plan was for a total closure for construction in 2022 and partial closure (i.e., access but with construction, delays, etc.) in 2023.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login