Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Highway 120 to park border

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Highway 120 to park border
July 14, 2023 01:00AM
State Route 120 W is now open between Lee Vining and the eastern entrance to Yosemite National Park. The park entrance remains closed at this time and vehicles will NOT be able to drive into the park from the Mono County side.
avatar Re: Highway 120 to park border
July 14, 2023 01:44PM
Any word yet on Saddleback Lake Road. If open, is it open as far as Sawmill Campground?
July 14, 2023 07:05PM
Assuming you mean Saddlebag Lake Road- Forest Road, it shows as open.
July 16, 2023 05:38AM
That's it. Thank you.
Jim
July 16, 2023 04:03PM
Mono County Tourism posted to Facebook this picture from Saddlebag Lake, which was taken Saturday:

The post said the road had been cleared up to the lake.
July 17, 2023 07:42AM
I've only been to Saddlebag once but, IIRC, that picture was taken from the edge of the parking area (more or less). The road may be "cleared up to the lake" but there may not be any place to leave your car once you're up there!

I did love the hike up there (especially the east and north sides of the lake...I did a clockwise loop, going out across all the scree on the west side and I didn't much care for that part). Between COVID, heavy winters and some family health issues at home, we haven't been able to get to Yosemite since 2019...I really miss it.
July 17, 2023 09:14PM
Wow, that's still a lot of snow. I like going up there if the boat taxi is running so I don't have to walk the sides of the lake and can just get across.
July 31, 2023 09:54PM
View of Saddlebag Lake taken Sunday, 7/31
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login