Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Entrance Lines to Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Entrance Lines to Yosemite
August 03, 2023 10:26AM
I'm wondering what the latest news is regarding entrance times to the park?
I'm heading in around 11 a.m. on Saturday August 5 headed for TM.
How have the lines been? Is the El Portal entrance and the Big Oak Flat entrance about the same level of crowds?
I've got a Senior Pass.

Thanks,

Ken
August 04, 2023 08:32AM
I have been to Yosemite four times in the past few months. Three times all was well at the entrance. Once it was awful.

The terrible one was the Sunday of the Juneteenth weekend. 2 solid hours at the Big Oak Flat entrance. Got to the entrance gate at noon.

Went to Yosemite a few weeks ago, on a Thursday. Got to the Arch Rock (El Portal) entrance at 7:30 am or so am. There was no line as they were not even open.

The other two times were in May and no problem.

Senior pass or not makes no difference. It's the same line. Based on my Juneteenth weekend experience if I was going to get there at 11 am on a Saturday, I would expect lines. But maybe you will get lucky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2023 08:33AM by recycling1991.
August 20, 2023 08:11PM
klsmith1953
I'm wondering what the latest news is regarding entrance times to the park?
I'm heading in around 11 a.m. on Saturday August 5 headed for TM.
How have the lines been? Is the El Portal entrance and the Big Oak Flat entrance about the same level of crowds?
I've got a Senior Pass.

Thanks,

Ken

How were the lines?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login