Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Curry Village Ice Rink

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 04, 2023 01:01PM
The Curry Village Ice Rink is open for the season! The kiosk near the Curry Village front desk is open daily for ice rink sales, including hot chocolate, hot cider, smores kits and more/

Monday through Friday: 12pm – 230pm, 330pm – 6pm, and 7pm – 930pm
Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 830am – 11am in addition to the times above
Re: Curry Village Ice Rink
December 24, 2023 03:38PM
My son and girlfriend went skating there the other day. It was not a very pleasant time. The rink is even smaller than it was last year so it gets a bit dangerous when there is a lot of people on the ice. Especially since there are a lot kids, and adults, using those walkers to get around the ice and they fall, and the walkers fall into the path of skaters. While using the walkers, they also keep using the picks on the front of the skates to move which causes big holes in the ice and people were hitting the holes and falling. In the past there was always an ice-skating monitor who kept things safe and there isn't one now. My son and I finally went over to one of the workers and suggested that they tell people that don't know how to skate to keep to the side of the rink. Also, the Zamboni driver is new and is still learning how to prep the ice so it is very rough with bumps. In the past, they also did a Zamboni run halfway through a skating session and they don't do that anymore. The online reservations system was not working so they had to go to Curry Activities kiosk to buy tickets. Ended up when they went back to the rink, it was found that they were charged for rental skates, and they have their own skates and said they only wanted tickets. Hubby went back to Curry and the person tried for almost a half hour to do a refund and couldn't get it to work so they refunded the whole amount which was very nice of them. Ends up that they are still using DNC's reservation computer program from the 1990s and it doesn't work all of the time. The girl said it is so frustrating and Aramark will not do anything to update it. You also still have to go to the kiosk to get drinks or s'more kits. It would be nice if they sold tickets and these things next to the rink like they used to.
Re: Curry Village Ice Rink
December 27, 2023 12:16AM
I have not experienced that. I will be taking a group of boys in February. I will share my experience at that time. I do miss the original Olympic size rink. Lots of history! :<winking smiley cjh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login