Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite National Park Announces Park Entry Reservation Pilot for Summer 2024 

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Are they really going to man the booths 24 hours a day for those 3 weekends? And then at 5am those other days?
avatar Yosemite National Park Announces Park Entry Reservation Pilot for Summer 2024 
December 14, 2023 12:32PM
YOSEMITE VALLEY, Calif. – Yosemite National Park is announcing a “Peak Hours Plus” 2024 vehicle reservation pilot system for park entry on the following dates: On weekends from April 13 to June 30; every day from July 1 to Aug. 15; and on weekends from Aug. 16 to Oct. 27. This system will be similar to the 2022 “Peak Hours” system, with the addition of more reservations for afternoon entries.

Park officials say the goal of the pilot is to ease overcrowding during peak times and continue to offer access for all to this extremely popular park.

"This summer's pilot system is built from extensive public feedback, data from three years of pilot reservation systems here in Yosemite, and lessons learned from other national parks," said Superintendent Cicely Muldoon. "This pilot system will inform how we ensure an equitable and outstanding visitor experience while protecting Yosemite's world class resources."

Reservations will be required for vehicle entry to the park between 5 a.m. and 4 p.m. during the reservation periods. Reservations are not required to enter the park after 4 p.m. Visitors will pick from two types of reservations: Reservations valid for a full day, or reservations valid for entry any time after noon.

Reservations will be available for purchase online beginning at 8 a.m. (PST) on Jan. 5, 2024, for all arrival dates (Apr. 13 to Oct. 20) at https://Recreation.gov/timed-entry/10086745. Reservations will be available until none remain. Afternoon arrivals and additional full day reservations will be added one week in advance; e.g., reservations for a Sept. 30 arrival date will be added on Sept. 23.

Both reservation types (full day and afternoon) are valid for up to three consecutive days, including the arrival date. Visitors with in-park lodging or campground reservations, wilderness or Half Dome permits, or visitors entering the park via YARTS buses and on permitted commercial tours do not need a vehicle reservation. Learn more about reservations at https://go.nps.gov/reserve.

Yosemite National Park is currently evaluating past reservation pilot systems and other strategies to develop the Yosemite Visitor Access Management Plan. Learn more about the plan and how to get involved at go.nps.gov/vamp.

Muldoon noted that these pilots are a key part of learning and evaluating what strategies could best ensure that the long-term solution at Yosemite provides visitors and surrounding communities access to the outstanding resources of the park while protecting resources and providing high quality experiences for the future.
eeek
YOSEMITE VALLEY, Calif.
Reservations will be available for purchase online beginning at 8 a.m. (PST) on Jan. 5, 2024, .

So, If I have a lifetime pass, I still have to pay to enter the park??
And if my desired dates aren't available, can I buy a reservation on ebay?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2023 04:53AM by The Other Tom.
https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/reservations.htm

"I have an annual or lifetime pass that gives me free entrance. Do I need a reservation to drive in during peak hours?

Yes. These passes cover the park entrance fee. A $2 non-refundable reservation fee still applies to peak-hours reservations."
Re: Yosemite National Park Announces Park Entry Reservation Pilot for Summer 2024 
December 15, 2023 07:20AM
The one "loophole" for people staying overnight still seems to be in place: "Visitors with in-park lodging or campground reservations, wilderness or Half Dome permits, or visitors entering the park via YARTS buses and on permitted commercial tours do not need a vehicle reservation." Of course, Aramark will probably never re-open WW or TM Lodge so, unless you want to stay in the Valley or Wawona, that becomes less meaningful than it once was.
avatar Re: Yosemite National Park Announces Park Entry Reservation Pilot for Summer 2024 
December 16, 2023 02:28PM
The $2 is to pay the recreation.gov for providing the "service".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login