Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: re. previous TM lodge discussion

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

re. previous TM lodge discussion
May 04, 2024 03:09PM
came across this on park website:

The 2024 loop will begin at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge and then travel by foot to Glen Aulin, May Lake, Sunrise Lake and finish back at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge for the full five-night loop of the High Sierra Camps.

as in november, wonder if anyone who scored in the HSC lottery can share what's been communicated about that first and last night at TM Lodge. the implication seems to be that TM Lodge will open. I suppose the whole HSC loop is "subject to conditions" which makes it all tentative. given the wreckage that is TM Lodge (closed the last 5 seasons) gotta wonder whether, as my wife's grandmother would say, they're "putting on a front page". I suppose they could open a few tent cabins for the HSC loop enrollees. guessing Aramark's strategy or intentions is a waste of time, just wondering what's been shared with the "loopers".
avatar Re: re. previous TM lodge discussion
May 04, 2024 06:19PM
I have booked Tuolumne meadows as regular lodging for multiple nights this summer, but have received no updates from Aramark.
The cost per night for 4 people is $193.74 (not including meals)

I was also awarded an unguided trip, for four people, from TM to GA, to ML, and to Sunrise.
Afterwards I was offered the chance to book Tuolumne Meadows, as a High Sierra Camp, for the night befoer Glen Ailin, and after Sunrise.
I say "as a high sierra camp" because the offer included dinner and breakfast, like the other camps.
Also, like the other camps, the price for 1 night at Tuolumne Meadows was $200 per person, or $800 per night.

I declined the offer to stay at Tuolumne Meadows as a high sierra camp, because I already had reservations at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge, for those same two nights, for four people, for $193.74 per night.
I cannot imagine that Aramark would charge more than $150 per person for dinner and breakfast at Tuolumne Meadows. Perhaps they will, and $800 per night would be a bargain, but I'll take that chance.

This is another reason to dislike Aramark.

FWIW, I'm still dubious that TM, the HSC's or White Wolf will open.
If they do, I'm going to all three.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2024 06:22PM by Coolburn.
May 05, 2024 03:02AM
Are you talking about the TM campground (which one reserves through recreation.gov), or the platform tents east of the campground (on the other side of the river), aka "TM Lodge" or before that "TM HSC", which one reserves through Aramark (yosemitehospitality.com)? I was under the impression that the campground was still going to be closed this year: at https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm, it says "Tuolumne Meadows Campground is undergoing a major rehabilitation project and will remain closed in 2024", and in the table below it says "Closed until 2025". Is Aramark operating part of the "lodge" as "lodge" and part as HSC? Or are the lodge and the HSC actually two physically separate entities?
avatar Re: re. previous TM lodge discussion
May 05, 2024 08:23AM
Hi NQTG,

I'm not talking about the campground.
I'm talking about the Tent Cabins that Aramark uses as both HSC and Lodge.
I dont beleive there is a physical difference between TM HSC and TM Lodge, just an apparent significant price difference.
May 05, 2024 05:09AM
talking about the Lodge. TM campground has nothing to do with Aramark, and indeed, will remain closed this year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login