Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Ahwahnee - Outside/porch area completely closed off

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ahwahnee - Outside/porch area completely closed off
May 05, 2024 06:47PM
We were in Yosemite a couple of weeks ago and I always like to stop by the Ahwahnee. Kind of like a ritual.

We parked along Northside drive and walked there, to avoid dealing with the understaffed/slow valet, and paying the fee. Got to the back of the hotel and the whole area is fenced off. You cannot enter the hotel from the back. I am not sure how the cottage guests go in.

Just mentioning it in case you were thinking of staying there. I had actually considered it myself (it was a last minute trip and Ahwahnee was one of the only options showing up) but luckily a room at the Lodge opened up and we stayed there. I would not have been happy to pay $650 a night to find out the whole back area, which I love, is all closed off.
Re: Ahwahnee - Outside/porch area completely closed off
May 08, 2024 06:37AM
Please Note: The Ahwahnee is currently in in the midst of an extensive Seismic Retrofit renovation project through the remainder of 2024.

Construction hours will be Monday-Thursday from 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. There will be some noise present during these hours, and we encourage our guests to be out enjoying the park. Our main kitchen, surrounding concrete and balconies are the main projects that may impact our guest’s experience. The seismic retrofit project is imperative to keeping the hotel safe and sturdy for several years to come. We appreciate our guests understanding and flexibility during these times.
Re: Ahwahnee - Outside/porch area completely closed off
May 10, 2024 07:41AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login