Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Yet another picture of that dreaded rock.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yet another picture of that dreaded rock.
February 11, 2012 11:02AM

Back in October I went to visit my girlfriend in San Francisco. I was supposed to meet up with Joel (qumqats) to do some hikes in Yosemite but ended up getting poison oak a few days BEFORE the planned visit. Needless to say, I was extremely upset as I am from Cincinnati and don't get the opportunity to hike in Yosemite too often. I didn't meet up with Joel because I would no longer be able to hike (poison oak was in some... uncomfortable... locations for walking), but I made a last minute decision with my girlfriend to still go and do a site-seeing drive around the park. I'm glad I still went even if I wasn't able to hike, because it was my girlfriend's first visit to the park that included sights outside of the valley. We went all the way to the Mono Basin to see some fall colors, and the experience outweighed (most of the time) the pain of the poison oak.

Next time I go out I'll definitely have to try harder to remain healthy for the trip... Pounding head on desk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 12:11PM by dqniel.
Re: Yet another picture of that dreaded rock.
February 15, 2012 06:53AM
Hey, you still made it and saw stuff, and that's what counts.

While Yosemite is beyond just nice, the East Side of the Sierra, believe me, has far, far more to see in a much easier way.

Next time you come out, skip the park and head to either Lone Pine or Bishop.
October 21, 2016 02:57PM
That's some really good light you caught there!! Love the pic!

http://www.ecotripsos.com/
September 20, 2017 09:01PM
Despite the circumstances, you made a great photo. I really like this light, maybe you will like these tips on nature photography on fixthephoto.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login