Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (91% of Full)

Advanced

Department of the Interior

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Department of the Interior
January 21, 2009 04:34PM
Ken Salazar Confirmed As Secretary

Ken Salazar, a fifth-generation Coloradan who served as the state’s U.S. Senator, Attorney General and Director of Natural Resources, was confirmed yesterday by a unanimous vote in the U.S. Senate to become the 50th Secretary of the Interior.

“I am honored to have been chosen for this position and look forward to working with President Obama on our nation’s energy and natural resource challenges,” Salazar said. “I will be a strong and forceful advocate for the wise stewardship of our nation’s land and water resources, I will help us build a clean energy economy for the twenty-first century, and I will work to restore the integrity of the nation-to-nation relationship with our Native American communities.”

“My first priority at Interior is to lead the Department with openness in decision-making, high ethical standards and respect for scientific integrity,” Salazar emphasized. “I will work for a more proactive and balanced stewardship to protect our national parks and open spaces, restore our Nation’s rivers, resolve our water supply challenges and address the challenges faced by our Native American communities.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login