Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Voge & Fletch

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Voge & Fletch
June 10, 2014 02:55PM
Finally getting out this year, departed TM last Friday June 6th...

and reached Vogelsong Lake.

That's where I was around 3:00pm, when it hit. So I pitched the tarp in the middle of a nice windy snow storm.

Around 6:00pm it cleared up for dinner.

Next morning I set out to climb Vogelsong, from the Pass, via the East Ridge.

Which had nice views.

Looking over to Florence.

Triple Divide.

Clark.

North Boundary, Tower to Slide.

Then I descended the usual chute, which still had nice snow.

And decided go up Fletcher next, here's looking back at Vogelsong, from Fletcher.

In between peaks, I met a nice couple down by the pass, who were about to climb Vogelsong themselves. Here they are in chute, about half-way up, one is standing and the other is sitting.

Evelyn Lake plateau, Conness beyond, from Fletcher.

Then I went home. Just thought some may enjoy seeing the current conditions, melted out so early for the second year in a row.
June 10, 2014 04:52PM
Excellent high country info...thanks for sharing.
Sounds like a great trip as well!
June 10, 2014 05:48PM
Good pics from Vogelsang and Fletcher. Thanks for posting
June 10, 2014 11:29PM
Nice! Thanks for sharing.
June 11, 2014 06:10PM
Hi,

I was wondering how the trail was to Fletcher and Vogelsang lakes. We're flying in from Boston and we're planning to go from TM, along Lyell Canyon, up to Vogelsang, and down to the Valley starting on the 18th. Is it all passable without special equipment? We've done this route a number of times, but never this early. I've been following the weather and it seems like there's been a lot of warm weather and I'm hoping things are thawing out. Does anybody know who those trails are?

Thanks so much for any info!
June 11, 2014 07:36PM
I do not know who those trails are, but I hear they are kind folks. I can tell you that you will not encounter any difficulties from snow on your route, it is all passable. You may step on a few patches of snow, and you may wish the snow was more firm, but that should be the worst of it. Have fun.
June 11, 2014 08:07PM
(;

Thank you! That is very reassuring.
June 13, 2014 02:19PM
Nice photos. Looks like a fine trip. We're doing same trip as canyonwolves starting June 23. Looks like the snow is melting away. Any comment on how the bugs are this year?
June 13, 2014 08:53PM
I spoke with a ranger today who said the snow is gone, Lyell Canyon is a little muddy, and it's buggy. She said we should have "prime conditions."
June 13, 2014 09:40PM
Great...Thanks for the update and have a great trip. Will look forward to seeing your posts.
June 15, 2014 03:25PM
Hey Klas,

I was up on the East Ridge yesterday and got stopped by this knife edge at the first bump.

Did you go across this or is there a different way? Not having ice axes we ended up finding an easy route up the right side of the East Face.

Definitely a lot of snow melt in the last couple of weeks.

Dan

www.closedcontour.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login