Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Back from the high country

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Back from the high country
June 16, 2014 04:00PM
Just came back from Yosemite.
Checked out Half Dome from above Tenaya Lake before it got dark.

Went to the Lake of the Domes on Medicott the next day. Went up that lake's outlet for something different. It is not the fastest or easiest way, but was pretty fun. There was one steep section up the granite that you can see when the video pans down. That was a fairly short, challenging section. After that it was mostly climbing small boulders in the outlet. Water proof boots definitely came in handy.
Going up the Lake of the Domes outlet:

Here was the lake:

Made it to the southern lake, before thunder storms came in:

The next day mosquitoes were horrendous at Lower Cathedral Lake. Southwest of the lake the mosquitoes were mostly nonexistent. Headed up the ridge to peak 10450, but got distracted by cacades in the basin below Tressider.

I headed over the ridge north east of Tressider Peak, and headed south. Then checked out the views from just below Tressider:

Went around the ridge to Peak 10450 and came back down the ridge:

Went back down to Lower Cathedral Lake and was expecting to get attacked by mosquitoes, but they were nowhere to be found. Must have been blown away or something. It was a nice suprise.

I did some exploring in the Hall Research area after that. There was a fair amount of snow above 10,000 feet on the north facing slopes. Lots of cascades everywhere. This is a really cool area.

I'll try to post a few more things later.
avatar Re: Back from the high country
June 17, 2014 07:34AM
Neato. Since it takes me days to go thru faux toes... and I know how much you like da vid-e-oz...

Here's two from last weekend:

Chick-on is looking at you!
June 17, 2014 10:40AM
Awesome. I really want to see Fletcher Creek go past Babcock Dome. Great to see a video of it. Hutchings Creek is also pretty impressive. This is my favorite time of year, watching all the snowmelt in the high country.
Re: Back from the high country
June 17, 2014 09:01AM
Nice. That's the hike I do when I have a few hours to kill in the Meadows... up the fisherman's trail to Cathedral Lakes then over the top of Medlicott past Lake of the Domes and down the other side.
June 18, 2014 02:43PM
A few more:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login