Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)

Advanced

Eighty Percent Dome (pics)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Eighty Percent Dome (pics)
October 14, 2014 09:03PM
Some pictures from my trip up Half Dome last weekend - I camped in Little Yosemite Sunday and went up early Monday morning.

Looking up at the destination:

Small cascade at the top of Nevada Falls. Water flow on the Merced is extremely low. In Little Yosemite there's no water in Sunrise Creek (only the Merced).

Little Yosemite Valley. Due to the sun angle I couldn't get good pictures up the Merced valley from Half Dome, but I could see the Meadow Fire was smoking up near Starr King Meadow, with a smaller but distinct line of smoke in Sunrise Creek valley. No smoke in this picture...

Half Dome at sunrise:

Yosemite Valley from Half Dome:

Tenaya Canyon:

Another Yosemite Valley picture:

avatar Re: Eighty Percent Dome (pics)
October 15, 2014 08:04AM
Beautiful! It looks like fantastic weather.
Re: Eighty Percent Dome (pics)
October 15, 2014 02:23PM
Did you get a view of the fire damage in Little Yosemite Valley and above? Still wondering how the stuff down by the river (Lost Canyon) fared and if those areas got torched.
avatar Re: Eighty Percent Dome (pics)
October 15, 2014 02:54PM
I did get a look up-valley, not directly into Lost Valley - Moraine Dome is in the way. I couldn't get a good picture because of the sun angle, it was rising right in that direction.

The upper 40% or so of Little Yosemite has considerable burn, with no trees standing in a roughly circular area around here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login