Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bird Ridge and Bird Ridge Overlook

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Bird Ridge and Bird Ridge Overlook
April 08, 2015 12:24PM
Since I haven't posted one of these in a while, I thought I would post a couple of my favorite recent pictures. We are getting close to ending the winter season and I may not get to hike with my axe for a bit. This hike is Bird Ridge and Bird Ridge Overlook which starts at sea level climbs to almost 5,000 feet but includes at least 6,000 feet of elevation gain over approximately 15 miles. Overall 8.5 hours of strenuous hiking with some running.

Bird Ridge Summit

Bird Ridge Overlook with Bird Ridge Summit WAY in the distance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 12:27PM by chicagocwright.
avatar Re: Bird Ridge and Bird Ridge Overlook
April 08, 2015 01:14PM
Berry kewl

Tank fur Sharon

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 08, 2015 01:45PM
Thank you!!!
April 08, 2015 04:59PM
And I do almost exclusively day hikes! There are so many choices! Where I live it is almost like sleeping low, hiking high, and you don't need to sleep outside! A friend who went on this hike set a goal when she moved to Alaska to touch all the peaks and hike all the ridges she could see from her house. She is leaving after 9 years and only has one more to go. I set the same goal three years ago when I moved here
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login