Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Yosemite Trail Quest

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 11, 2015 07:22AM
Nice start

tongue sticking out smiley

Happy to help...

Grinning Devil

Chick-on is looking at you!
November 11, 2015 07:22AM
(in case you're wondering... they never touched the trail)

November 11, 2015 08:09AM
chick-on
(in case you're wondering... they never touched the trail)

Sooo... On a trip two weekends ago... I finally realized I wanted to do the all-Yosemite-trails quest... And said so. Out loud. And Basilbop said he'd do it if I was.. And we started scheming... And I've marked up a trail map now. Two. One physical with a marker, one electronically.

The *slightly* annoying bit is that for years now, we have said we don't really need to do trails, not doing the Trail Quest... So we have sections in remote areas of the park where we *could* have touched the trails.. But didn't. So have to go back...but that's not really a penalty. Just a scheduling issue. And Chick-on is being picky... Has been pointing out every little section he knows we missed!

What wasn't completely surprising... We've got corners of the park which we've not really touched! We have hiked more miles overall in the park than the park has trail miles. We have our favorites.. But now... This will get me to visit the places we've ignored...

So wish us luck. Not sure how long it'll take. Had we decided at the beginning of this year.. We could have completed or nearly completed it. Especially with such clear trails. Now.. We will see how long it'll take... Especially if we have a much-needed heavy snow year!

But... I'm kindly oddly jazzed about this decision. Looking forward to more exploration!

May you all have fun out there! And be safe and please, *please* Leave No Trace!!!
November 12, 2015 07:02AM
An awesome quest, good luck!
November 12, 2015 07:27AM
Thanks!!!
November 12, 2015 07:42AM
So nice of Chick-on! That way you'll be able to make an accurate statement that you have covered every foot of trail. Just make sure you enter the trail where you left after camping/bathroom/water refill when you're around that guy!! ;-) He'll undoubtedly call you out on it.

Best of luck! Hope to you see out there one of these times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 07:42AM by Torero14.
November 12, 2015 07:59AM
Torero14
<snip>Just make sure you enter the trail where you left after camping/bathroom/water refill when you're around that guy!! ;-) He'll undoubtedly call you out on it.

Oh... So. Very. True!!!!!
Torero14
Best of luck! Hope to you see out there one of these times.

Thanks! And it's lots of fun meeting forum members out there!
November 15, 2015 07:04PM
Lake Eleanor to Miguel Meadow. Check.

North Mountain. Check.

Trip report hopefully someday in not too distant future...Another super-fun weekend! And some serious snow! Yay!
November 16, 2015 08:17AM
JustKeepWalking
Lake Eleanor to Miguel Meadow. Check.

North Mountain. Check.

Trip report hopefully someday in not too distant future...Another super-fun weekend! And some serious snow! Yay!

Thanks! Always a pleasure! And great attitude as usual.
It certainly was looking GRAY and like would just POUND trail sunday... but ... wow!

I'll OK that you can mark off North Mtn. trail... even though you were off trail for a bit of shrubalishious...
Now... Smith Meadow to Harden... Nope ... gotta redo (even if it was my fault) tongue sticking out smiley

November 17, 2015 06:49AM
In your quest... you should probably add all the old rail lines...
Here is a map for your enjoyment
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,49073,62128#msg-62128

(it's not complete.. ) (there's more by Chinquapin)

Also... Elevemile Road... and Eightmile Road ... MUST be done ... imo
(they are maintained fire roads... ) and Elevemile Meadow is very nice

November 17, 2015 09:39AM
I am also jazzed about your quest, and look forward to following it in trip reports.
It was nice of Chick-on to add the old rail lines for you!
November 18, 2015 03:39PM
lschaaf
I am also jazzed about your quest, and look forward to following it in trip reports.
It was nice of Chick-on to add the old rail lines for you!

so... very.... nice... eye rolling smiley

Seriously, though.... am enjoying it so far! Even with the allergy attack! Really a shame about that North Mountain trail, really a gorgeous walk. Since it was an old road, super nicely graded. Would be fabulous if they maintained it properly as a trail!!!

Will keep you posted. Feedback from you and the others who take a minute to pipe up and say thanks or make a comment... that really keeps me wanting to come back and share. Not hearing anything after posting, makes you wonder why bother... So... thank YOU for your encouragement, and I look forward to your next trip report, too!

Be well!
December 08, 2015 07:10AM
Sentinel Dome to Glacier Pt connector : check
(Nov 22nd)

Eagle Peak (from Yosemite Creek / non-rip a rap Yosemite Falls Trail) : check
(Dec 6)

South Landing TRAIL : check
tongue sticking out smiley

December 08, 2015 09:34AM
chick-on

"You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means."
December 09, 2015 12:46AM
basilbop
chick-on

"You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means."

Inconceivatrail!

December 09, 2015 10:09AM
At least we have spent the last few years building up an immunity to shrubbery...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login