Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne meadows hikers shuttle bus

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne meadows hikers shuttle bus
March 15, 2016 09:52PM
I have heard that the hikers shuttle bus may be discontinued in Tuolumne Meadows. Has any one heard if they will be operating this summer?
avatar Re: Tuolumne meadows hikers shuttle bus
March 15, 2016 11:25PM
jimbo
I have heard that the hikers shuttle bus may be discontinued in Tuolumne Meadows. Has any one heard if they will be operating this summer?

It's still listed on the updated public transportation page of the NPS's Yosemite website, so I would assume it will still be operational this summer:

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/publictransportation.htm

Leave No Trace
March 15, 2016 11:31PM
And Aramark will continue to operate a FREE Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne Meadows "Hiker Bus" in the summer too!

http://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/guided-bus-tours/

Leave No Trace
May 31, 2016 11:20AM
Hello,

I see the Hikers Shuttle started operating yesterday, May 30, but on the travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/guided-bus-tours website no pick-up times or detailed information is listed.

I'm looking to do a one-way shuttle from Half Dome Village to Tuolumne Meadows in a few weeks.

Is anyone aware of the pick-ups times and what bus stop at Half Dome Village I should be at? Also, is there a fee to ride and can you make a reservation (as there are 4 of us)?

I tried calling the reservation number on the site @ 888-413-8869 to get information and inquire about a reservation, but the person I spoke with was unaware of the hikers shuttle being offered.

Thanks in advance for the help.
May 31, 2016 02:08PM
Bachus
Hello,

I see the Hikers Shuttle started operating yesterday, May 30, but on the travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/guided-bus-tours website no pick-up times or detailed information is listed.

I'm looking to do a one-way shuttle from Half Dome Village to Tuolumne Meadows in a few weeks.

Is anyone aware of the pick-ups times and what bus stop at Half Dome Village I should be at? Also, is there a fee to ride and can you make a reservation (as there are 4 of us)?

I tried calling the reservation number on the site @ 888-413-8869 to get information and inquire about a reservation, but the person I spoke with was unaware of the hikers shuttle being offered.

For more information about the hikers bus, call the Tour Desk at Yosemite Valley Lodge between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM PT. Their phone number is (209) 372-1240.

Leave No Trace
June 01, 2016 09:50AM
Bachus
Hello,

I called today as I'm hoping to use the hiker's bus to get to Tenaya Lake next Wednesday. Online lists June 10 as the first day of operation, but the gal on the phone said they're unsure. She said it could potentially start running as early as next week.
March 16, 2016 01:42PM
Good news. but where are the stops, and at what times? or is it book by phone only??
March 16, 2016 11:04PM
They have not yet released a schedule, but in the link I provided Aramark states that the "hiker bus" will pick up or drop off any passenger at any trailhead along its route.

Leave No Trace
June 02, 2016 02:07PM
Just now returned Tuolumne and Valley...sad news -
The last year's "free" hiker bus (Valley - TM) will cost $14.50/pp - one way. YARTS is much cheaper.
The local TM shuttle (Olmsted Point - TM store) will now have a nominal fee attached also. No price announced yet.
The Valley shuttle buses - Valley loop - now only runs every 20 minutes...lots of disgruntled riders/ crowds on each stop.

Not so impressed with this new Aramark company.
June 02, 2016 06:23PM
To add, when I spoke with the transportation kiosk guy this morning - (the one behind the big Village market)...he said this bus has not yet started up, (not even in his Daily book!)... but he searched further, found a separate memo... had prices but no times mentioned.
Could all be contingent on the water being turned on at/opening of the TM campground ~ June 10.
June 02, 2016 08:22PM
Tuolumne Campground is going to open June 10? Looks pretty soggy to me
June 03, 2016 10:45AM
as far as I've seen, only Tuolumne Meadows Lodge is shooting for June 10, and that's tentative. where are folks getting this date for the campground? the for-profit folks are more motivated to get up and running. last year the Lodge was open at least a week before the campground.
June 03, 2016 07:09PM
REPOSTING FROM http://www.yosemite.ca.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Official 2016 Tuolumne Hiker's Shuttle Schedule (READ THIS!)

Postby Phil » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Okay, straight from the NPS-

The 2016 schedule for the Tuolumne Hiker's shuttle is:

Beginning June 10th -September 20th, there will be only ONE bus per day in each direction.

The shuttle from the Valley will Leave Curry Village at 8:00am, with only one other stop in the Valley at the Yosemite Lodge at 8:20. Safety permitting, and by letting the driver know when you board, all regular trailheads on Tioga Rd will still be served.

From Tuolumne Meadows, the shuttle to the Valley will now leave from the Tuolumne Lodge at 2:00pm instead of from the Visitor's Center.

The NPS and Aramark have only contracted for that one run in each direction per day. The cost will be $15 one-way, and $23 round-trip. Tickets must be purchased in-advance at the transportation kiosks.

That's it until further notice and/or Aramark gets up to speed. This sucks!!!! There are going to be lot's of people missing their ride, and the demand will probably lead to long lines and very crowded buses.

YARTS will be running weekends only from the Valley at their regular 5pm departure time until sometime in July when it will change to daily service. Stay tuned. Here's YARTS complete schedule for all routes and schedules: http://yarts.com/routes-schedules/
June 06, 2016 09:42AM
If people didn't buy an advanced ticket, are drivers allowed to pick them up from the trailheads along the route?

On another note, I've already forgotten how the tickets were priced. Did it vary slightly depending on where you were going? So from valley to White Wolf would be slightly cheaper than going to Cathedral Lakes TH. But I haven't used it in a few years, so it could have been a flat rate.
June 14, 2016 03:28PM
FYI -- Per the travelyosemite website the new "start" date is now June 17 (was supposed to be today, 6/14)

I've given up hope of calling the number listed on the travelyosemite website to make a reservation as it only connects you with their general reservation call center. They have not been able to help after multiple times telling me to call back in a “few days” and the shuttle would be available to book over the phone. This afternoon the number the customer service rep gave me was for the Yosemite Mountaineering school which he said they’d be able to help with the hikers shuttle. Upon calling I spoke with a very nice lady (but could tell she was getting frustrated with all the calls she was receiving) that informed me they have nothing to do with the shuttle. She was able to give me another number for someone inside the park (no luck there either), but he was able to give me the number for the Tour Desk Kiosk (BINGO, well almost). The man that answered the phone was pretty short with me and explained that he had a line of 20+ people to help and had no time for me and that I should call the general reservation number (now this feels like an infinite loop).

I guess I’m going to have to take my chances once I get to the park and see if I can get a shuttle ticket or at this point I’m thinking a second car (ideas like this however won’t help the park traffic situation) left at the start and one at the finish for our through hike may be the best way to have full control of the situation knowing I need the shuttle to be running by mid next week (but will cost us 3-4 hours of extra car time).
June 14, 2016 05:34PM
Bachus
FYI -- Per the travelyosemite website the new "start" date is now June 17 (was supposed to be today, 6/14)

I've given up hope of calling the number listed on the travelyosemite website to make a reservation as it only connects you with their general reservation call center. They have not been able to help after multiple times telling me to call back in a “few days” and the shuttle would be available to book over the phone. This afternoon the number the customer service rep gave me was for the Yosemite Mountaineering school which he said they’d be able to help with the hikers shuttle. Upon calling I spoke with a very nice lady (but could tell she was getting frustrated with all the calls she was receiving) that informed me they have nothing to do with the shuttle. She was able to give me another number for someone inside the park (no luck there either), but he was able to give me the number for the Tour Desk Kiosk (BINGO, well almost). The man that answered the phone was pretty short with me and explained that he had a line of 20+ people to help and had no time for me and that I should call the general reservation number (now this feels like an infinite loop).

I guess I’m going to have to take my chances once I get to the park and see if I can get a shuttle ticket or at this point I’m thinking a second car (ideas like this however won’t help the park traffic situation) left at the start and one at the finish for our through hike may be the best way to have full control of the situation knowing I need the shuttle to be running by mid next week (but will cost us 3-4 hours of extra car time).

Two weeks ago, I suggested you do the following:

plawrence

For more information about the hikers bus, call the Tour Desk at Yosemite Valley Lodge between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM PT. Their phone number is (209) 372-1240.

If you want to reach the Yosemite Lodge tour desk when they're less busy, I would suggest you call them in the middle of the afternoon (between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM Pacific Time). I doubt there will be 20 people standing in line for the tour desk at that time of day, especially if you call on a weekday.

Leave No Trace
June 14, 2016 05:58PM
Thanks, I've tried calling that number several times since your suggestion. They must have changed the routing as it only takes you to the main switchboard for all reservations. Actually, that's the number I called today where the guy redirected me to the mountaineering number.
June 14, 2016 06:28PM
Thanks for the update. You might want to try calling the Yosemite Valley Lodge switchboard at (209) 372-1000 and then ask to be transferred to the Yosemite Valley Lodge Tour Desk.

(The Yosemite Valley Lodge Tour Desk is different from the Half Dome Village (formerly Curry Village) Tour Desk Kiosk.)

Leave No Trace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login