Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: snowshoe this weekend at Gaylor?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

snowshoe this weekend at Gaylor?
June 02, 2016 06:04AM
Coming up Sunday with my brother-in-law to do a few short hikes (including Mt. Watkins, suggested by mrcondon offline and then I found the discussion of it in this forum from a few years ago). But we're wondering - that picture of the Tioga entrance parking lot from 10 days or so ago shows a lot of snow. Does anyone know if there's still enough snow to make a snowshoe trip up to the Gaylor Lakes feasible/worthwhile?
avatar Re: snowshoe this weekend at Gaylor?
June 02, 2016 08:47AM
There was snow covering Dana Meadow at the summit this past weekend, but there were a few bare patches opening up in the meadow. I didn't hike up to Gaylor so I can't report on the ridge, it's got trees which should help, but the temperatures have been warm.
Re: snowshoe this weekend at Gaylor?
June 03, 2016 02:02AM
Went with some friends to Fantail Lake above Bennetville on 6-2. We carried snowshoes but didn't use them. Lots of snow patches but was consolidated enough, just took care walking. My guess is not much snow to the saddle or Gaylor Peak but a lot descending to and around the lakes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login