Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Planning for Tuolomne Meadows & Glen Aulin

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Trip Planning for Tuolomne Meadows & Glen Aulin
July 14, 2016 01:00PM
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuolomne Meadows area in last weekend of July and plan to hike Glen Aulin, Lyell Cannon.

I'd like to know:

1. Whether the meadows will be green with wildflower bloom.
2. Waterfall flow in Glen Aulin waterfalls.
3. Since, I have secured a reservation in Glen Aulin high sierra camp what is the best place to parking my car at the trail head and any precautions to be noted for overnight parking.

Thanks, in advance.
avatar Re: Trip Planning for Tuolomne Meadows & Glen Aulin
July 14, 2016 10:08PM
akash.srivastava
Hi All,

I am visiting Tuolomne Meadows area in last weekend of July and plan to hike Glen Aulin, Lyell Cannon.

I'd like to know:

1. Whether the meadows will be green with wildflower bloom.
2. Waterfall flow in Glen Aulin waterfalls.
3. Since, I have secured a reservation in Glen Aulin high sierra camp what is the best place to parking my car at the trail head and any precautions to be noted for overnight parking.

Thanks, in advance.

1. The meadows will be green but the flowers may be past their prime. There will be flowers though plus the other scenery will make up for any shortage of flowers.
2 Water will be getting close to "low flow" so their won't be any roaring torrents. Look at Yosemite Falls on the webcam. Bottom of page under "links"
3. Best parking is at the stables parking lot at the end of the road on the west side of Lembert Dome.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login