Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Cherry Creek at Styx Pass

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Cherry Creek at Styx Pass
July 02, 2017 08:22PM

Has been rather quiet in this backpacking sub-forum now into early July. There are places to backpack to if one thinks out of the box by not targeting usual timberline destinations that are and will remain too snowy or blocked by high stream crossings.

A few days ago I backpacked from Mosquito Flat in Rock Creek up to Box Lake that was fine. Along the trail, Mach, Marsh, Heart, and Box have all melted out with most adjacent lake side camp spots free of snow and sogginess. Beyond the outlet of Long Lake is and will be too much snow for some time. In a few days ought have the html coded for that trip plus a couple days spent up in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest reserve in the White Mountains. In the mean time my earlier trip a couple weeks ago was at least part way through Yosemite.

Completed html coding for that today, Sunday for my June 13>19 Styx Pass backpack trip feature on my 2017 Trip Chronicles web page that is on Page 12 from the Index:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/2017_Trip_Chronicles/spring_2017-12.html

Lots of big whitewater images in the massive glaciated granite canyon at peak snow melt during the recent state wide heat wave . That trip into famous with kayakers, Cherry Creek, was a considerable success photographically so now have good whitewater stream material that was relatively weak in my body of work. Also have numbers of 15, 30, and 60 second 1080p whitewater videos shot with my A6000 that are rather impressive but will need to wait till I figure out how I want to set those up on Youtube.

David

http://www.davidsenesac.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 08:28PM by DavidSenesac.
Re: Cherry Creek at Styx Pass
July 02, 2017 11:39PM
Very nice pictures and a very nice trip report. Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login