Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Question: What to do when local wildlife is using trail?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Question: What to do when local wildlife is using trail?
October 01, 2017 11:53AM
While on a little walk in Yosemite on Saturday, we came upon this:

Yes, we are too close here, but ptarmigan are not easy to spot!

I love coming upon my fine fine feathered friends and enjoying their company. But what should we do when they (or any other animals) are on the trail and not going move anytime soon?

We went a little off trail to go around them.

Thanks!

Do what you love.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 11:53AM by Ursa Minor.
avatar Re: Question: What to do when local wildlife is using trail?
October 02, 2017 06:29AM
Just wait a few minutes or go around.

- Billy Joel
Re: Question: What to do when local wildlife is using trail?
October 02, 2017 11:29AM
As far as grouse are concerned, they don't seem to be phased by anything much. I passed one near Ediza and asked it if it had any spare whisky, at which it gave me a puzzled look. one near coney crags did a broken wing act, which made me jump suddenly, as, until she moved, was perfectly camouflaged. the cheekiest one though was down the Tm river from glen aulin. despite me shouting wolf! wolf! she knew perfectly well (more than I did at the time) that Yosemite is wolf free. she then stood atop a fallen tree and posed patiently for photographs. so, I would recommend that we treat them with the same disdain as they treat us.
PS: but I wouldn't say the same goes for anything else. except rattlesnakes, which do make lovely pictures while minding their own business.Brown Chicken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login