Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Wilderness Permit Zoom

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Wilderness Permit Zoom
September 04, 2020 08:57PM
Hi folks-
I thought I read somewhere that you only had to sit through the wilderness permit zoom ranger talk once this season... I just go the email for my second permit of the season but there is no mention of skipping the orientation... has anyone experienced this? I can l always sit through it again but am happy to skip if that is an option.

Thanks for any info-
Happy Hiking
September 06, 2020 04:31PM
We were told at the start of our first conference that anyone who had already sat through one could opt out now with a secret code...

But it was our first, so we didn't explore that

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
September 07, 2020 04:48PM
Codes are good for trips starting within 2 weeks.

We just finished today’s 4 pm session for upcoming trips. He was specific in the call about this.

Past sessions have also mentioned this two week window.

They update current conditions, so best to attend one.
Today’s 4 PM session made clear that they just closed Yosemite Creek trail from Tioga road to Eagle Peak junction and the National Forest closures around the park and state at 5 PM today.
September 07, 2020 10:36PM
As JKW mentioned, the code works for trips starting within 2 weeks. For my labor day trip, I tried the code that I got 16 days back and received an email to try with the correct code.
September 08, 2020 03:50PM
Thanks folks-

I was also on yesterdays 4pm call JKW, and yes I had inquired in the chat and he said nope. Have to sit through again unless within 2 weeks. They may have changed the policy as they got going because I seem to remember early on that you only had to attend once. It is fine though and good to get current conditions. Plus it is easy to work on a project whilst listening in smiling smiley

Hopefully we can still make the trip with the Creek Fire...we shall see how things develop--
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login