Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Images of Half Dome from North Dome

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Images of Half Dome from North Dome
June 17, 2012 06:46AM
Well I wound up find an employee to help me carry up my gear to North DomeHead roll Here is an image taken with my little digital camera. I've yet to process the B&W or the Velvia. And a few more images from my trip. I had a great time and only wish I had more time.

June 17, 2012 07:13AM
Thanks for posting. I can't wait to see your B&W and Velvia.
June 17, 2012 09:18AM
Your images are too dim, half to full stop probably because of usual use of an uncalibrated monitor. A way to get to ballpark levels is to edit your images so luminance is comparable to other images on this or other webs boards.

http://www.davidsenesac.com
June 17, 2012 02:33PM
DavidSenesac
Your images are too dim, half to full stop probably because of usual use of an uncalibrated monitor. A way to get to ballpark levels is to edit your images so luminance is comparable to other images on this or other webs boards.

Dave, I agree that having your monitor calibrated is a good thing, which mine is. The mood of all of the images shown was/is dark. This is the way in which my minds eyes saw it and try to portray the image faithfully to that. The last thing that I will do is to boost up the shadows to unrealist levels or heavens forbid HDR the piss out of them.

Also all but one of the shots where taken at dusk or after sunset.

I envy you for being so close to such a wonderful place

Ataim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2012 02:43PM by Ataim.
avatar Re: Images of Half Dome from North Dome
June 17, 2012 09:36AM
I love the shot of El Cap; thanks for sharing.
June 17, 2012 10:01AM
Lovely shots, thank you so much for posting.
June 17, 2012 03:20PM
Thanks for posting, and tell your porter his/her efforts are also appreciated. I especially like the first and last images, but they're all nice.
June 17, 2012 07:07PM
Thanks for the views as they must feel to you seeing them after sunset like that. I'll never see these particular views in person.

Beautiful scenes.
June 17, 2012 10:56PM
Fantastic photos. I love night shots.

Chief Tenaya was the founder of the Paiute colony of Ahwanhee - Dr. Lafayette H. Bunnell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2012 10:57PM by Yosemite_Indian.
June 18, 2012 12:33AM
Ataim

Here is an image taken with my little digital camera.

For a "little camera" they look pretty good. What kind of camera did you use?! smiling smiley
June 18, 2012 05:27AM
Half Dome Hiker
Ataim

Here is an image taken with my little digital camera.

For a "little camera" they look pretty good. What kind of camera did you use?! smiling smiley

My little camera is a Nikon D3200. I hike with a Wista M450 monorail 4X5 film camera. When I'm close to the road (1/2 mile or less) I try and carry a Calumet C-1, green monster 8x10. Digital is nice and all, but I get my satisfaction using film.
June 18, 2012 08:30AM
Ah, ok. smiling smiley

"Little" in this case means a decent DSLR-body with 24 MPix. I was afraid you were using a point'n'shoot-digicam. In that case I would have dumped my camera equipment. winking smiley

Nice cameras you have. Great for landscape photography. But where I usually go it is impossible to take such equipment with me (think canyoneering, long desert hikes where water is more important etc.). I'm thinking of buying the 5D Mark III but the price tag is pretty steep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2012 01:52PM by Half Dome Hiker.
June 18, 2012 01:07PM
Ataim
I hike with a Wista M450 monorail 4X5 film camera.

I've heard 4x5 called "medium format" by those that shoot 8x10. Grinning Devil
June 18, 2012 08:24AM
Thanks for posting the photos. I love the night shots too!

I'd love to hear more about your trip. Where did you end up camping? How did you come across the porter to help you carry in your gear?

Can't wait to see more! Thanks again.

"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
June 18, 2012 08:39AM
Thanks so much for sharing the shots. Any pictures I can enjoy while away from this place is GREAT. Hope to see more of your trip and a report.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login