Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bezerkely Point TR

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 04, 2015 01:08PM
Okie. With the hopes of seeing the valley covered in snow on Sunday head up to
Stanfurd and then over to Crocker n back to Stanfurd / Bezerkely Pt for the night
last Saturday.

Pretty relaxing reading book in tent and cooking dinner in tent and just
peeking thru the door watching the clouds coming and going.
Snow storm wasn't much. And although it was cold-ish the next morning... it
was crystal clear thru the night and Half a Dome was viewable from Turlock
on the way home...

Bezerkeley Point View:

more here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/yosemite.chick.on/BezerkleyPt15

Looking straight at Widows Tears Falls... just said wow... that those guys ice climbed that baby
2 years ago I believe... the same timeframe as when the guys Skied Clouds Rest...
wow

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
March 04, 2015 03:40PM
Nice pics. What are the tracks in 13 and 14 ? Of course the weirdest ones are in pic 1.grinning smiley
March 04, 2015 06:26PM
The Other Tom
Of course the weirdest ones are in pic 1.grinning smiley

Yeah, scary to think how fast that bird would hike if he pointed his toes straight ahead....
March 04, 2015 06:28PM
Bezerkely? When did it rate up with Dewey, Crocker, Old Inspiration, and, the best of all, Stanford? There is no Bezerkley Pt up there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 06:30PM by Bearproof.
March 04, 2015 10:00PM
I gained a much better appreciation of Stanfurd Pt.
Slightly irritated the sign has gone missing though.

Bezerkeley is to the east of Stanfurd, no? tongue sticking out smiley
(with superior views of Widows Tears)

March 04, 2015 09:58PM
The Other Tom
Nice pics. What are the tracks in 13 and 14 ? Of course the weirdest ones are in pic 1.grinning smiley

13 I believe is a Deer Mouse
14 Is a Coyote

March 05, 2015 08:50AM
chick-on
The Other Tom

13 I believe is a Deer Mouse
14 Is a Coyote

Thanks. I'm always interested in the critters that come out in the snow....
March 04, 2015 03:55PM
Thanks for sharing...and nice shot of the tent!
March 05, 2015 05:34AM
As always, thanks oodles!
March 05, 2015 12:22PM
Very nice!
March 06, 2015 11:38AM
Sweet photo!
February 29, 2016 07:04PM
Berkeley Point tends to have clearer views than stanford pt... I believe the stanford people still think the valley was formed by prehistoric squirrels. Oh well.

Any desire to use skis for the long flat sections of this trail? and maybe carry snowshoes to use for the steeps. But maybe that would be too much weight and fiddling around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2016 07:09PM by jeffrey.
February 29, 2016 07:17PM
Basilbop and I used to XC ski. Used widest ski that would still fit in tracks, so we could take advantage of those to make distance.... But the XC kept getting more aggressive and I'm not a great skier. And given the stuff we do now, would not consider skis. Aggressive snowshoes and greater endurance have been a combination that works beautifully for me.

We were in that area several times earlier this winter with said snowshoes... No complaints! Never wanted skis..

Just my two cents.
February 29, 2016 08:37PM
Believe me, I'm not a great backcountry skier. It doesn't take much of a downhill, with trees around, and uncompacted snow, or ice, or hummocks etc. to make going pretty tough. But it is great to do when the conditions are right. On relatively flat areas sometimes you can make good time with less effort, especially if you can ski back in your own tracks, or if others have made tracks. I like snowshoeing too and on narrow or steepish terrain they certainly are more sure footed and easier going than skis.
February 29, 2016 08:54PM
I hear you on relatively flat areas! But I think back on every trip with the shoes. Somewhere, we always seem to eschew "trail" or "route" and end up XC with steep, logs to go over or under, steep, shrubs, steep, rocks, steep...hehehe... Gliding along was nice... But I'm really enjoying what we do now... And no way in heck can I carry skis and move in the terrain we move in. Just depends on where u r going, what you do...

But yah, that last bit along GP road to Badger parking lot. That's when I miss skiing a little...have fun and please tell what u end up doing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login